Saturday, February 28, 2009

R&R Day

Today is an R&R day. You know (or at least imagine), PJs until late morn, coffee, do the Soduku together and get going when we feel like it. Refresh, refuel and spend close time with your partner. I love days like this more than ever with Jacki. Many people do not have the option of this rejuvenating luxury, so we value and appreciate it all the more.

My left brain takes data from the past, analyzes it and then dissects it and the reconstructs trying to predict the future. Not much space for here and now, which is all we really have. There is the time frame my right brain gets to enjoy - taking in sensory info continually just playing, creating, imagining and loving. There are the moments of pure connection with you and with the God of my attempt to understand. This is where we are all one and at peace with each other.

I hope to be an active participant in healing me in part by leaning into my right brain and enjoying life with Jacki, Kate, family and the community of humans around whom I get to live.

A man died and went to heaven, saying, "Wow, there really is a heaven!" He saw a pearly looking gate, "Wow, there really is a pearly gate!" He knocks on the gate, it swings open to reveal a very old man. Dead guy asks, "Who are you?" And the old guy says, "Well, I am St Pete, and it's my job to show you around." "Wow, there really is a St Pete!"

So, he gets the tour, seeing cloud nine, touches the angels feathers and sees his pad for if he gets to stay. The guy asks, "Well, now what?" St Pete says, "Now you go stand in line for your interview with God to see if you get to stay here." "Oh no"says the guy,"I hate lines." "Do not worry, says" Pete, it's a fast moving line."

The guy gets to the front of the line and God asks, "Well my son, did you enjoy yourself down there?" The guy answers, "Uh Um ummm, what do you mean God?" "My son, I gave you everything you need to enjoy yourself while there, so did you enjoy or not?" The guy stammers, "Well, not really God." So God, quite chagrined, says, "Well then, you can just go to hell!"
Bill

3 comments:

  1. Boy, you are good at writing these blogs! Sorry I didn't make it to TGIF last night. I had told you I had dinner plans and I didn't finish in time to get there. In mind and spirit I was there and thinking of you and Jacki. We will cross paths soon. Hope you're having a peaceful day. Hugs and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a funny story... and you are too sage like... think White Sage... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Spiritual progress is like detoxification. Things have to come up in order to be released. Once we have asked to be healed, then our unhealed places are forced to the surface."
    - Marianne Williamson

    ReplyDelete