Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Distractions

Best I have felt physically since the biopsy operation. Not even a nap, just horizontal for awhile couple times. Amazing how a simple written to do list can help focus. Maybe you know Jacki's computer took a dive last week, and with some help I spent 5 hours fixing it today. Longest I have been productive in one day for what seems a really long time. Her machine seems to be pretty good too.

That effort distracted me from my action items, but it felt good to get Jacki's computer going again (and get her off my 'puter). Still, managed to do okay on my list:

1. Exercise - one 20 minute walk scores 5.
2. relax/meditate - Focused briefly on breath/relaxation a few times 5
3. Pray harder: a few times, not concerted effort. Score 6
4. Actively relate to loved ones - medium effort score 7
5. Be of service - this I did well again today - score 8.

By writing this, I am at least beginning to remember all 5 action items on the list and that helps remind me to actually do them. Doing them seems to have some impact on flattening the emotional roller coaster ride. Probably start chemo next week, which will have an unknown impact on the feel goods of this week. Some people have big side effects and some have minimal. Let's be hopeful for the latter, but either way, I can act like an exceptional patient doing all I can to cooperate with healing.
Bill

3 comments:

  1. Yea, Bill! Here's to more of those good days!
    LYS
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your blog, hope that's true about the Mayo was wrong! Are you playing your harmonica? I remember you are pretty good at it. I have some of Robin's things take to your Mom sometime. Keep fighting and I still keep on praying!!! Robert

    ReplyDelete