Saturday, February 14, 2009

Time out day

All through this process of discovery the days have been a series of pendulum swings. Today is one of the timeout days - pajamas half the day, no emotional depth, resting, phone calls - take a break because it is tiring. The physical and emotional toll resembles a pair of wrung out compression shorts hanging up to dry after an over strenuous gym workout.

Thank you so much for your prayers, offers of help, hugs, and stringless outreach to both Jacki and me. I cannot imagine how someone could go through this without bio family, spiritual family, friends who give the loving support we are receiving. Thank you!
Bill

8 comments:

  1. Everyone one needs a time out day... sometimes more than one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I have an amazing husband or what! I love that he is showing all of us that going deeper in recovery means that you "really" express and feel what is real in your life. Bill loves acronyms, this is one we share back and forth-he's my BHE (best husband ever).

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I looked up acronym in the dictionary, it had Bill's picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Bill GBI(great brother inlaw), I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at one point or another EVERYDAY. Love ya, Carrie Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bill:
    Saw Jacki last night at Speaker Mtg. It was a treat to see her. Missed you, though. Hope you are feeling good today. CLL, huh? Would like to talk to you about that. I've only researched my own (selfish addict!!). I'll have to pull up my Leukemia sites and check that out. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Bill,
    You gotta know your momma is so proud of you and your ability to show love.
    I miss you and Jacki already. I love you so!
    Constant prayers are lifting you up.

    Hugs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bill, I love you too. And we are praying for you. However, I gotta say one thing...I hope those compression shorts are not turned inside out. That's just not gonna work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Bill, I am reading your writings everyday. I wish I could take the pain from you but all I can do is to pray to God that a miracle can happen. Miracles do happen everyday to people. That God will make it happen for you to. Without God nothing is possible and with God all things are possible!
    Please God give the Doctors and Nurses the abilities to make You well. in Jesus name Amen.

    ReplyDelete