Monday, February 9, 2009

Sense of time

Today is part of this week. What week? Not sure, but it is a great day. Tiny bits of progress like being able to type this with only two spelling attempts per tow syllable word. Oops! I did have a great out door adventure with Keith yesterday - went all the way to Cold Stone and back. Felt like a cardio workout.

I guess some of you who care have not heard the results of the lung biopsy. Turns out I dont have kidney cancer spread into the lungs which what the docs (and me) feared. Rather, I have bladder lining cancer spread to my kidney and my lungs. Supposedly starting in the bladder lining is not as bad as starting in the kidney. Sounds pretty circular to me. Anyway they are telling me a petscan and brain MRI is next to help plan the attack. Coud be remove the kydney and chemo or just chemo. Still have the CLL thing too, but I guess that is of lower priority.

Wow! Sounds pretty bleak as I read over that last bit. But I don't feel that bleak and the docs were actually relieved about the bladder lining thing. I will tell you this though, that lung biopsy crap is a big deal to go through - the healing hurts so damn much. They deflated the lung, cut into 3 places between my ribs, felt around with his fingers for a few of those nodules, then cut 2 one inch wedges out to biopsy. Now I am getting over that. No damn good drugs to take it away. Although they are good enough to make my typing a little loopy.

The docs told me the surgery was easy but I can tell you the recovery is hard. Hmmmmmmmm - recovery is hard? Piece o' cake compared to the alternative.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Billy Gggggg!

    Just got off the phone with you and I must say I enjoyed hearing the sound of your voice.

    I was very glad to see that your sense of humor is still intact. That should help speed the healing.

    Have you had your Cold Buster and wheat grass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. February 10th,

    No blog today? Are you slacking?

    ReplyDelete