Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2 good bits to share

There is an old Cree legend that goes something like this. As part of the right of passage to manhood a young brave had to spend an entire night seated on a stump blindfolded. He could not move nor remove the blindfold until the sun rose the next morning. The young brave who wanted to be tested went with his father into the woods, was positioned on the stump and was blindfolded. Throughout the night he could hear many strange noises. He feared that some wild beast would come upon him and devour him but his resolve would not let him waver. Finally the rising sun told him that the next day had finally come. When he took off his blindfold he found his father sitting on the stump right by his side. His father had protected him through the night from any harm that might befall him. So let it be with you my friend as you go through this time of night. thanks to my friend Tony

ted.com/index.php/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html
thanks to my friend Jeff

3 comments:

  1. Mr Bill, I might have to say that the little spice in the veg. soup came from the love and hope I carry in my heart for you. What a beauitful story,may the stars and sun shine bright on you. Anytime you need anything I am just a hop,skip and jump away.
    Sista Inlaw
    Carrie Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bill, That is so true! Jesus is right there with us all the time, even when we don't turn to him he is with us. I love the illustration!
    I guess that is what gives me comfort for you. I know he is with you and will take care of you.
    SLY, Gina

    ReplyDelete