Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Action Healing

Okay, yesterday I wrote about maybe I am turning a corner in my mind toward being an exceptional patient doing all I can to cooperate with healing. Here are the daily action items that I can do to be that healing human being:

1. exercise some every day, even just a short walk.
2. Practice relaxing and meditating and visualizing a few minutes twice a day.
3. Pray harder, even when I feel disconnected - "fake it 'til I make it."
4. Actively relate to my wife daughter friends and family.
5. Reach out and be of some small service.

How did I do today? It's my list, my healing inventory, so I get to score it as I wish. Let's see, 5 items, each with a possible best of 10, so 50 perfect score. First off, I am not perfect, and neither am I flunking out. So, here goes:
1. Exercise - I did walk outside for a few minutes score 4
2. relax/meditate - I say I did so 1 1/12 times. Could not fully the 2nd try. score 7
3. Pray harder: a few times, not concerted effort. Score 6
4. Actively relate to loved ones - medium effort score 6
5. Be of service - this I did well today - score 8.

So, add 'em up and divide by 5 for average score; 32 out of 50 = 64%. I am passing with a D. I can do better tomorrow. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.

I am moving my chemo to a doctor close to home, a suggestion from my Mayo doc 20 miles from here. The new one is near Desert Banner, 3 miles away.
Bill

2 comments:

  1. In both relationships and life, Bill, trust begets trust.

    Generosity begets generosity.

    Love begets love.

    Be the spark, especially when it's dark.

    Hubba, hubba -
    The Universe
    ****
    Same for luxe and lack, Bill; sadness and joy; anger and kindness; Hershey's and kisses. Especially when it's dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your score today, so far? It is still early in the day. You do bring a smile to my face when I read the blog. Remember that, with all you are going through, you DO help me. I can go to that dark place very quickly and very easily. You do have a handle on this although it might not feel that way now. Prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete