Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's been a year

It's our anniversary. Jacki and I have been married 1 year as of today. I made her coffee. She got the paper. We met in our room, let the sun in. I opened my favorite newspaper section and found her card to me. I had put her card in the comics. The cards were touching, prompting a few intimate (into-me-you-see) moments of joy and love deeper than I have ever experienced. So then we did our morning before we get up for good ritual - work the sudoku puzzle together. Intimacy is made of small things.

Brunch soon with family. Wish the Kansas crew were here as well. Love you all, recovery family and family family. Today is for the two of us to enjoy like a pink cloud, sucking it for all its worth. What cancer?
Bill

7 comments:

  1. Dance me to the end of Love my darling! I experience ters of joy when I read the love that you have manifested in your life. We have so much support, love and prayer a miracle is in the making. This miracle might not look like any of us had imagined but will be recognized by all.
    My heart soars hummingbirds for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to both of you. I love to watch the way U 2 celebrate life, Dance, love and enjoy today for none of us know what tomorrow will bring. thank you so much for the time you give to Steve and I, we love celebrating life with U 2. HUGS Debbiesue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. Lots of love and light for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you both. Hope your having a great day. Live and love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!

    I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bill- I have been following your honest and brave blogs.
    I finally figured out how to add comments.
    I send my love and healing to you both. Wanted you to know I hold you both close during me meditative dance times.
    Happy Anniversary!!!
    Love Kathryn Johansen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, can it already be 1 year since your marriage? I told someone the other day I thought you had been married about 6-7 months. Time does fly too fast, especially when you're in love. Have a beautiful 1st anniversary together. Love and happiness together forever.
    Love you both! Joanne

    ReplyDelete