Sunday, March 15, 2009

A day like this . . .

Today is another day before news is likely. So far since learning I have cancer, the day before news has always been a difficult day fraught with expectation, fear and some manic-like up and down. Today has not been quite as strong in those respects as before. Probably because I do not have an appt for getting news, just that the doc coming back from the conference might have news from the pathologist. Might, could, possibly - all forms of hope, and somewhat today followed soon with fear and what if. Quite likely I won't get any news. At least the picket fence I sit astraddle has flatter, rounder, almost okay to sit on slats than a few days ago. Hope.

Have I recently said thanks for reading this stuff, calling, encouraging and even asking for my help? You have all helped more than you can know. Often I talk with others with cancer or other health challenges, who have little or no support, encouragement or listeners available. I see others with so much tougher situations. Makes me appreciate you and feel great gratitude. Thank you! Could we all pray harder?
Bill

4 comments:

  1. Wow. The topic of the meeting I went to tonight was Hope!

    I remember the first time I walked into NA as a hopeless shell. I saw a sign on the wall that I will never forget.

    It said "The LIE is dead, we DO recover."

    That was the first time I experienced hope in Recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, I have never waited on a diagnosis such as yours so my thoughts are that of a naive person who has not experienced what they're trying to talk about. However, the word I use when I'm having to wait on something important is trust. I trust that God will take care of me whatever the answer. I trust that he will use the answer, whatever it is, for good. I do this better some times more than others but through this trust I find peace.

    I have learned so much from your blogs, both about my brother and about the cancer walk. Hopefully because of the blog and your honesty in it, I'll be less naive and more able to help someone the next time. Maybe.
    SLY, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill, thank you so much for your trust, hope and strength. I really respect your feelings and your honest posting of them. thank you for sharing with all of us who through you are learning a lot about trust, hope feelings and sharing so others can grow. LOVE YOU LOTS, Debbiesue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo 3 days no blog. Are ya slackin?

    ReplyDelete