Sunday, April 26, 2009

Is it in the water?

In the past I have often thought that seldom has something bad happened to me or the people around my life. I know I was minimizing some events - heart attacks, severe back pain, extreme migraines, my own active addiction. Those are all pretty bad for people to go through, but not numerous in my space. I am blessed that around me no murders, car accidents, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, nobody died in Viet Nam, Iraq nor Afghanistan. No one close to me has gone through any of those extreme life events. I have been fortunate.

Now, recently, past couple years, it seems cancer, hep c, death and heartbreak are so near in the lives around me. The cancer stuff - mine I would not trade with others I know. Pete; Danny; Ham; my sister; Jeff's 1st sponsor. We are so human and life is such a fragile gift that changes and goes away. I have no sense that I am leaving anytime soon - years away. But my perspective sure has changed. My gratitude for those who have and those who still do touch my life is greater than any time past.

Jacki, Kate, my Mom and siblings. My sponsees and sponsors and so many around the rooms who have gifted me. These are my treasures - far surpassing the sum of all the money I tried so hard to make. I am alright, I will be alright, and I have always been alright. It is my life and it is a jewel. So are you.
Bill

4 comments:

  1. A few Christmas ago, Marc gave me a book to read. It is called "90 minutes in Heaven". If you and people who reads this has a chance to read it. Read it. You are a very special person Bill. I have always admire you. Love Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill I needed that. What a long strang trip it's turning out to be, huh? It was good to see you Wednesday night. Hopefully I'll be seeing you more often in the future. I love you. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever read "Conversation With God" by Neale Donald Walsch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got signed up as an official follower!I needed a little help. I Love you Bill. Chris

    ReplyDelete