Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's a beautiful day

Easter, spring, 70s, the day after rain in Arizona. An engineer/physicist/artist beyond my ability to comprehend designed this day and every day. 'twasn't me. But i do get to enjoy it. No matter what else is going on, I can notice the miraculous beauty and power around me. Maybe best of all I got to hang with Jacki all weekend.

Hello Vince. ;-)

Side effects? Six days into the chemo pills, the side effects are fairly mild. Drowsy for couple hours after taking; squiggly/twitchy body feelings; very dry mouth and skin. If my nose gets any redder it will look like and old alcoholics nose. A few zits are appearing on my face - acne like. My attention span seems shorter than ever. Who knows what that's from.

My prayers are simple - asking for God's will and the power to carry it out. Expressing gratitude for Jacki and Kate, my family, my recovery community, and for keeping me clean another day.

Meditation/imaging comes in bits and moments through out the day, breathing and seeing the medicine flowing around the cancer nodules in my lungs, shrinking them .01 millimeter each day.

We rode our bicycles a few miles today, against the wind going and with it coming home. Already some days of the little white pill are against the wind - just lean into it. Thank you.
Bill

3 comments:

  1. I took a road trip today up Highway #1 and took pictures. Every time I stopped I wished you could be there with me.

    I couldn't have done a better job of sculpting landscapes myself.

    On the way back I detoured to San Francisco and spent a relaxing hour in a sauna then a hot tub followed by a COLD shower.

    If they have a Finnish Sauna there, I recommend adding Eucalyptus to the water you douse the stones with.

    I love you Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will match you that and double the ante...
    I love you to the 2nd power

    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attention span? That's called Chemobrain. Wait until the memory goes!!! (ha ha) My skin also changed totally, dry, itchy etc. Glad to hear you are in good spirits. See, you made a new friend. Love ya much

    ReplyDelete