Sunday, April 19, 2009

Duh!!

Okay so writing that post a couple days ago helped snap me out of the funk and into some action. Met with my sponsor, rode my bike, meeting, out and about in spite of the hideous (to me) acne like stuff on my face. The DUH!! comes in because starting the chemo 12 days ago and the effects so far have had an impact on me just like every other new development of my cancer story. It is another change, a new bit of news, it is tough and scary and it threw me for a loop. I felt fear and anger, stuffed it, retreated into my turtle shell and could not move.

Solution? Moving a muscle gives a new thought and changes how I feel. I can do this, chemo is my friend, you guys love me, God is here and together we can get on with "Whuppin' Cancer!" My imagery is the pill is working, breaking down the cancer nodules in my lungs and that putrid stuff is coming out like zits - poison leaving my system. Shrink the lung nodules then cut out the kidney with the baseball tumor on it. That's the plan Stan.

Just a little aside: my sponsor says one of my shortcomings is being too concerned with looking good. The pimples all over my forehead and nose pretty much force me past that glitch in my character. Here I am, zits and all, and I'm still a fine specimen of God's handiwork.

I see the doc tomorrow, following up on how the little white pill is hitting me. Pretty much just as he predicted except no diarrhea so far. Guess none of us should buy stock in Imodium after all.
Bill

2 comments:

  1. Don't be too concerned about the Immodium stock. :) Most of us have lost enough with our stocks that we're not thinking of increasing our stocks!! :) LOL

    I'm continuting to pray for you, and I put you on another prayer chain. (I sometimes attend Country View Baptist Church on Sunday night.)

    Love, Aunt Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn, I went out and bought a whole pantry full of Immodium...now what am I to do with it?

    ReplyDelete