Monday, July 5, 2010

Ready for news

Went to Bethesda two weeks ago. Had a needle in the kidney biopsy 12 days a go. Because the drug trial is a scientific research project, they must determine type of cancer for themselves rather than rely on the highly invasive biopsy 18 mos ago. Results expected Tue or Wed this week. If type of cancer cell is as previously diagnosed, then we will learn the plan. If is a different type of cell, then NIH said they are interested in my case anyway - whatever that means.

Since the biopsy I have learned my monthly COBRA payment for health insurance goes this month from $360 to $840. COBRA lasts three more months, and then BCBS is required to sell me individual insurance - at whatever fee they deem appropriate. Hmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder how much?

I will let you know as I hear more this week. My bags are packed.
Bill

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit, that is rude. It's not even rude, it's rape. Profiting on people's suffering should be a criminal offense. I'll say no more and stay off the soapbox for now. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete