Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Not much

Not much to say today. Mostly today I have hibernated. Probably over did it yesterday - not much stamina these days. Each day I feel some level of dread about taking my friend, the Little White Pill. It seems to have now settled in to a predictable effect on my body and mind. For two to four hours after taking it I get to feel hinky or squiggly or twitchy - I have not found quite the accurate word. Then throw in tired and sluggish thinking. Still have some minor acne-like rash on my face. That's about the sum of my side effects.

The thing is, I would gladly suffer more if that's what it takes to whup this cancer. I am grateful what side effects I get from this chemo are relatively minor, but it's just gotta work. If more discomfort increased the odds I would gladly go there. Some of this stage in the process is very similar to the waiting a couple months ago for the diagnosis to be pinned down. I want to know how well my friend, this Little White Pill, is working. Tick tock. Probably reason number 47 why hibernating is not good for me right now.

Date night this evening with Jacki, and Kate is joining us for dinner. I have talked with a few guys in recovery today by phone. So there is my relationships leg of dealing. I will walk at least to the mail box - there is at least a little of the physical activity leg. I guess I did do some recovery stuff today - read JFT, sponsorship, pray, so there's a bit of the recovery leg. Okay, I won't talk bad to myself saying I was lazy today - I did more than I thought. cya tomorrow.
Bill

2 comments:

  1. You have my permission to not kick yourself any more. That would be the job of addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey BBob, How about in ten days I come help you feel hinky or squiggly or twitchy. Then maybe we can walk, at least to the mail box. And then when you feel tired and sluggish we can sit and just be, together. Looking forward to all the excitement! SLY, Gina

    ReplyDelete