Sunday, May 17, 2009

Feeling Good

Physically I do not feel well today. I have a cold for the first time since I stopped smoking over 3 years ago. The cold is moving into my chest with the resulting cough and hack. My stomach muscles are sore. Is my immune system down because of the little white chemo pill? Probably. Too bad this cell killing medicine isn't selective enough to just wipe out cancer cells and leave white blood cells alone.

2 more weeks and I get another catscan to look at how much the lung nodules have shrunk. Getting the cold I think indicates it is working. For now, I'll take it.
Bill

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're feeling poopy. I am however glad to see you are still blogging.

    Let me know if there is anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your heading, "Feeling Good"

    Keep the sunny side up my friend.

    : )
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im keeping positive thoughts and prayers headed your way my friend. See you next week in Tucson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Bill (and Jacki and Katie),
    Haven't been able to access your blog (probably just didn't do it right) for awhile, now. Got high speed internet today; don't know that that helped. but I tried something a little different, and got in.
    Want to share today's devotions with you, in part. It was written by a lady who had breast cancer. Her aunt told her "Read Psalm 103:1-5. Read it over and over again. Read it every day." She marked that part in her Bible, replaced the word "your" with "my," read those verses daily for over a year, until her strength was renewed and she "had another opportunity for life."

    Love, Aunt Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn' able to go to ARCNA this year. Could not afford it. I'm sure you all had a great time. To bad we did not hook up for lunch a few weeks ago, but we will get together. Sorry to hear you have that cold. How are you feeling from the chemo? Any side effects, besides tired. I think that is a given. Talk to you soon, and get well soon.
    Love to Jacki also.

    ReplyDelete