Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Thick Head

Getting it through my thick head that this is a looooooooonngg process has changed the picture as I see it. Maybe cancer does not have to reign supreme at renting space in my head. Maybe I can live without wondering if every little pain or ache or cough or whatever is the cancer on a rampage. Maybe it can sit in the back seat and not get to drive so often. A certain sense of freedom is unfolding. What could I be free to do? Ideas?
Thank you for participating.
Bill

4 comments:

  1. come back to work! ryan OIL bekons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, Like Yogi Berra said, it's never over till it's over. I've found this to be true with my CA experience. I just finished 5 months of chemo and thought I was out of the woods. My petscan came up clean. But the follow up turns out to be a 20 round course of treatment with radiation. Then another petscan. Then ..... ? A friend of mine diagnossed with terminal lung CA 9 months ago looks at the situation this way. You've got 2 choices. You can either get busy living or get busy dying. Incidentally, he was given 6 months to live when diagnosed. He attributes his longevity to God and attitude. He takes things one day at a time and counts each day on this side of the grass as a blessing. You are still in our daily prayers. Have a great day. Tony & Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill, You have such a talent working with people with trouble, probably even people without trouble.
    From the Crisis Nursery to an old folks home, I can't imagine one place would turn down a few hours each morning or each week for such a qualified volunteer.
    Also, they never fire a volunteer so if some days you were feeling poorly I'm sure they wouldn't mind. So, I guess let's get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I for one KNOW you have your back seat drivers license. Get to using it. LOL

    ReplyDelete