Thursday, June 18, 2009

"My friend" is Unpredictable

The little white pill is unpredictable. I thought I had a routine: take pill @ 1 or 2 pm, feel "hinky" for a couple hours and then have a pleasant late afternoon and evening. The program seems to be changing. Saturday, to try and entertain after 1pm, I took "my friend" at 11am; 2 or 3 hours earlier than my routine. I swear, I was messed up for two days. I mean like hunkered down in a cave. Tuesday and Wed I rode my bike knowing that would help, but both days were still odd. Today I rode, took the pill at 1:15pm, pushed through to ride home, showered and putzed on the computer and then about 5 the hinky feeling started. Poor balance, shaky legs and hands, jello feeling in my head. What do you call that? Hinky.

I don't like it. But, there is no dirt on my belly, I am vertical most of the time, and I am sucking air. We all know the little white pill is working and the discomfort is worth it.

Meanwhile, I spoke with one of the more impactful people in my recovery, a woman I admire. She was waylaid by a surprise heart problem and I ask that you steer your prayers her way. It's not just me, she has helped many many addicts to recover and we need her!
Bill

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dear Bill- This is Kathryn from the Northwest. I send my love and prayers. I think of frequently and send loving, healing energy your way especially when I am dancing at Zumba.
    Say hi to Jacki and give her a kiss for me.
    Love Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Met with Dan today. I like him. You were right... AGAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The callings of God never leave a man where they find him. For to stay where he is after God has bidden him to move on is itself a backward movement though he take no actual step." Dr. Graham Scroggie

    "Keep stepping." Shane Geee

    ReplyDelete
  4. "There is no ideal place to serve God except the place in which He set you down." Eric Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  5. missing your posts...
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a week. You're slackin.

    ReplyDelete