Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kickin' my butt

This stuff is kickin' my behind the past few days. It is 7:45 in the evening and I still have cloud brain and wobble legs. Odd except I was an hour and a half late taking the little white pill today. Still, the afternoon twilight zone has stretched into 3 1/2 to 4 hours on Sun, Mon, and today.

Toilet shopping. Ever go toilet shopping? With the water heater bust last week and the consequent ruined carpet, we have decided to replace the carpet with tile to match the rest of downstairs. Long as we are at home improvements, we are replacing both our slow flushing, high water use toilets. So, I swear, I was in a Home Depot today talking with two sales people about how many golf balls or full rolls of toilet paper each toilet brand will flush. I'm not giving you a load of crap, it's true.

One brand will flush ten (10) golf balls in one flush. Supposedly that's just a drop in the bucket. Maybe they were just giving me the run around and besides, none of those toilets come in brown, just white. Wipe off that smile now, what do you think this is, a stream of random thoughts swirling down through the porcelain bowl of life? But now today's running around has wiped me out so I'm gonna stop. I am buying a package of golf balls though - just for research.

Shane that BS was just for you.

Getting the work done. The hardest part will be moving our stuff out of our office to make way for tile laying. Jacki's desk is huge, and we both have tons of paper and little treasures in their spots. Getting that part done reminds me of a book called Undaunted Courage. The book is about the Lewis & Clark expedition (great book BTW) and moving our stuff seems expeditionary. Okay, okay, one item at a time, one treasure tucked into one box at a time. The actual DIY work is being offered by skilled friends in our recovery network. They are the real treasures, and I hope they never move.
Bill

5 comments:

  1. Hello Bill!

    wanted to let you know about an interesting cancer blog a group of cancer patients have been working on.

    A fellow tongue cancer patient was sent home to die. There was nothing more that can be done. Cancer survivors ask him life altering questions.

    Please read: Dead Man Talking http://beyondtheglassdoor.blogspot.com

    Peace B

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what are you saying? If it's a par 3, but you drop 5 balls, that would be a double bogey, but still one flush would take care of it all? But you can't have it in brown? Maybe you could just paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My question is how did they arrive at golf balls as an indicator of the flushing efficiency of a toilet?

    Do the dimples in a golf ball somehow simulate the uneven surfaces of the stuff you flush down a toilet?

    Like a printer stops printing after so many copies, does the toilet stop flushing after so many full rolls and that is why they measure it that way?

    Perhaps the person who came up with the toilet paper roll metric has cats.

    Besides, who flushes full rolls of toilet paper? If I had to crap so much I had to use even ONE (1) full roll, I would be in the hospital, not still on the toilet.

    It seems to me a more valid measure of a toilet's ability to flush would be buckets of stiff drywall mud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My verification word for the previous post was "pecal" ... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are funnier than . . . ?

    ReplyDelete