Wednesday, September 30, 2009

write for me

It has been so long that perhaps I have no readers left. Gets me back to "write for me". I still have cancer. It seems surreal that I still feel no symptoms of the disease. Plenty symptoms of the daily chemo pill. So much of my body hair has broken off, not fallen out, rather broken off leaving stubble like a 4 day growth of beard. Cuddling with Jacki requires cloth to skin because of the stubble. I really miss the skin to skin.

I had a terrible haircut 3 months ago - I'm talking worse than a blind monkey with a dull knife haircut. My hair grows so slowly now that only last week had it grown enough to be repaired. My fingernails have become slow growing too - no problem there, but they have also become thin, splitting, soft and brittle. Peeling almost. I can't pop a pop top without a utensil. Weird! I have to use strengthening fiber nail liquid.

I am having trouble figuring out how to make that stuff not shine. You know, like fingernail polish. I am thinking of just doing them black. Maybe I will try that for Halloween. Add some black lipstick, eyeliner, black leather and I can go Goth for trick or treating. I like the mini Snickers, just in case I knock on your door.

One of my medical people says hair, nails and other fast growing types of cells slow way down with chemo. Brain cells normally grow rapidly and their slow growth now might mean I am losing them quicker than I get new brain cells. Might explain chemo brain, huh? The good news is that cancer cells tend to grow fast too, and apparently, so far, they are slowed way down. Purt near stopped. Purt near?

If the whuppin' in "Whuppin' Cancer" can be a word, then so can the purt in "purt near stopped." If you didn't grow up in Kansas, then you might not know things like that. Just fillin' you in.
Bill

8 comments:

  1. Hi Bill!
    I loved your post! I am a reader, we are still here. John and I think of you and Jacki often. Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts. I adore your writing.
    Love, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bill,

    Good to see you writing again.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill, I got one word for anybody who thinks your readers have left you: No way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly, silly boy. Of course we haven't left.

    We love you! DUH!

    So what is wrong with shiny nails? Take it from a guy that wears French Tips with glitter polish and a shiny top coat... most people won't notice. Those that do will be jealous.

    I'd PAY to see you Gothed out. Hell, I'd pay to see you wear French Tips!!!!

    This time next week I will be reading your blog... or the lack thereof... from Washington, D.C.

    I wish you could be there. I won't have anyone to take fabulous pictures of me in front of famous places, or famous pictures of me in fabulous places. :(

    Thanks for sending me Dan. He introduces me as the sponsee he inherited.

    FYI! Being from Kansas does not give you exclusive rights to "purt near".

    I love you Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo Bill,

    If Ham gave you the last haircut no matter what it looks like you have to consider it a good one as long as he didn't trim your ears at all!!!

    I love you brother. You and Jacki are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill, I'm still here...

    Please keep writing. You are an inspiration to all of us battling cancer!

    Thanks & God bless,

    JDF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shane,

    Technically "No way" is 2 words...lol... just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're still hear a listenen'! I'll have to save your Mini Snickers for Christmas. You just come purt near this far and I'll give 'em to you! SLY, Gina

    ReplyDelete