Saturday, July 16, 2011

Technology for her birthday

Yesterday was my youngest sister's birthday. She died a few years ago and I miss her. But we got together and sang happy birthday - my Mom, brother and two sisters. We did it on Skype, over the internet in a 5-way conference call. This wasn't a plan, but just unfolded as we added each other to the call. It was technologically amazing yet so simple to do. We didn't have the video Skype offers, but I think we all could see Robin on that call. Happy Birthday!

I have been on vacation from chemo for two months and felt great for a few weeks. However that last 10 days or so I have felt more tired and just out of it. I do still have cancer and it is time. So my next drug infusions begin this Tuesday. The Torisel I will get every week, Avastin in addition every 14 days, and add in Zometa for my bone lesions once a month. This combination is supposed to stabilize and slow tumor growth until something better comes along. Trepidation, that's my word of the day.
Bill

2 comments:

  1. My heart skipped a beat when I read that you are back on medication for there may still be hope. I have always admired and greatly inspired by your willingness to share your feelings. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my Bill G

    I've got to fix that!

    ReplyDelete