Saturday, December 5, 2009

CT scan blues

I like listening to the blues. If I listen, that seems to take care of having to feel them so much. Sometimes I get blue before the blues deserving event even happens, like today. My CT scan was Tuesday, my doc appt to see results is Monday when Jacki can be there too. So, as before each of my preceding CT scans, I get the CT scan blues in between the scan and the doc. The fear kicks up, the sad kicks in and I get diverted from enjoying a good day.

My back felt a little painfully tense waking up this morning. My head went instantly to, "Must be the tumor, tripled in size since last scan!" If a small cough or little wheeze comes out, then my head jumps into the lungs filling up with nodules conclusion. The frequency of such magnificent magnifying thinking spikes upward every six weeks when a few days separates CT scan and the doc.

On the other hand, I notice that since initial picture last January of my kidney tumor and lung nodules, ZERO growth has occurred in either. NONE! Including the 3 months before starting the everyday chemo pill, no growth at all in my cancer. So, maybe there is just no reason for the CT scan blues other than listening might prevent. So, here are the words to the first verse:

I got the cat scan blues.
Oh yess, I got the cat scan blues.
But as long as I hear them,
All I get is good news.
(harmonica break)

Sing it! I know you can hear it too. So, in a couple days I will let you in on the details of good news Monday.
Bill

2 comments:

  1. Great, maybe by then I'll be able to get that tune out of my head. It is key of G, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I can hear it! Good news coming!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete