Sunday, July 5, 2009

Write after the 4th

What a delight was the 4th. Good friends, good food, a place to get horizontal when I needed. Lots of smiles, story telling and laughter. The kind of day we hope to have regularly. A pink cloud day - full of gratitude. Jacki is such a delight to hang around with and enjoy, wherever we are. Thank you Jacki!

We had breakfast today with Kate and then a movie. Do you have any idea what a gift it is to see my wife and my daughter having fun being women together? They get along and talk so well with each other - I have had the opposite experience with a previous wife . . . or two.

The movie was the new Johnny Depp movie, Public Enemy. As usual, a stupendous job by Mr Depp. He plays John Dillinger the bank robber from 70 years ago. Definitely had us rooting for the bad guy while also wanting him caught. Turns out even the good guys had a very bad apple.

A good friend learned today that his mother died a couple days ago. Too many newspapers outside her door, so the neighbors called him. Very sad, and I know he will lean on those of us around him instead of getting stuffed and stoic. When God squeezes your heart, it comes out your eyes . . . and your nose. Real men can cry - it is a natural human letting go. Even big strong dams release water.
Bill

2 comments:

  1. " When God squeezes your heart, it comes out your eyes . . . and your nose."

    Sometimes it comes out your butt too. Crying and farting at the same time is rather humorous and has a tendency to delay the tears for awhile.

    I enjoyed the 4th as well. Friend, food and fun seem to be a theme here.

    Have you taken my advice about the dancing with Jacki yet? You know... dinner and dancing?

    My luck she probably hates dancing and is shaking her head emphatically.

    I wish you two could go to DC with me in October.

    ♠Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. write, write after, after the 4th?

    long, quiet hug

    ReplyDelete