Monday, May 17, 2010

Trial is open

Wow! Finally the drug trial at the NIH in Bethesda, MD is open. Jacki and I have been waiting with bated breath for what seems six months but has been only 3. The wait has been a bit tortuous, because this trial at least gives a sense of doing SOMETHING.

I can live my life one day at a time, trust God, hope and believe and get into gratitude for the life I already enjoy. AND, the bottom line about this cancer is it is terminal without some new treatment. No matter how spiritual I can be most of the time, along with all the positive stuff is the sense of watching myself wither.

I just found out minutes ago the trial is open which I think means they can start bringing patients on board. They asked by e-mail for my most recent scan and report, and I emailed the report about 10 minutes afyter their message. Johnny on the spot, early bird gets the worm, good boy scout - I am ready. Let's get the show on the road. Do I sound excited?
Bill

5 comments:

  1. I am excited for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Glad to hear that there has been movement on the trial. Will keep you in my prayers that God will bring you and the program forward as quickly as practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray. That's some good news. Good luck brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I'm so happy for you! My love and prayers are with you every step of the way!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill, on April 17th, Gail Buller posted a comment. I found her comment to be lengthy, wordy, and preachy. And agreed with every single word of it. You love the God of your understanding. He loves you, too. He'll bring you to live with Him one day. I love the God of my understanding. He loves me, too. He'll bring me to live with Him one day. But my comment here isn't about salvation or eternal life. We've got that covered. Instead, my comment is about filling a hole. I am confident that God wants us to know Jesus. Not necessarily the Jesus we learned about when we were kids. Not necessarily the Jesus Gail tells about. Not necessarily the Jesus [fill in the name] wants us to know. Not necessarily the Jesus the herd wants us to know. And not necessarily the Jesus we think we already know. He just simply wants us to know the Jesus we can freely read about in 4 small books of the Bible. Today. And then He wants us to know the Jesus we can freely read about in those same 4 books tomorrow. Etc. Etc. One day at a time. Everyday. I'm your brother; the only blood brother you have. I can't relate well at all to what you are going thru. I don't understand your pain. I'm not overflowing with compassion. But I read your blogs. I read all the comments. And there is a hole. A specific hole that can be filled by only one plug. But again, don't believe her. Don't believe me. Just read. A portion of those 4 books. Everyday. I love you deeply. Shane

    ReplyDelete